Reports to the LEAD for daily operation of the Work Centers. Supported equipment includes, but is not limited to, tactical wheel, line haul, and material handling equipment. Develops performance standards and councils employees on performance and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. This Work Center supports all base-operations. This is a high pace, demanding position with unique challenges. Army MOS equivalent 63S/ 91L.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Handles the maintenance and repair of light and heavy tactical vehicles to include Heavy Equipment Trailer Transporter (HETT)
2. Primarily responsible for supervising and performing maintenance and recovery operations on wheeled vehicles and associated items, as well as heavy-wheeled vehicles.
3. Maintain wheeled vehicles, their associated trailers and material handling equipment systems.
4. Performs wheeled vehicle recovery operations.
5. Use of applicable references, inspecting, servicing, maintaining, repairing, replacement, adjusting and testing of wheeled vehicles and material handling equipment systems, subsystems and components such as: power plant/packs, compression ignition engines and engine fuel systems, air induction and exhaust systems and cooling systems. Vehicle chassis and power train components including, frame cross members, clutches assemblies, transmissions, transfers, final drives, propeller shaft assemblies, brake systems and steering systems, suspensions systems, fifth wheel assemblies, wheeled vehicle crane, hoist and winch assemblies, and hydraulic systems. Automotive electrical systems including wiring harness, starting, and charging systems.
6. Perform other duties assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Mechanic's hand tools, shop tools, multi-meter, gauges, jack stands, and cranes, military wheel and track vehicles, Army technical manuals.
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area
With a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of ten years experience in the equipment maintenance operations or equivalent combination of education and experience, with at least five years supervisory responsibility. Army MOS equivalent 63S/ 91L
Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Requires working knowledge of maintenance and testing of digital and analog equipment as well as knowledge and skill in computer systems.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
ITT Exelis - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard