Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Apply online or go to the Sea Breeze Landfill to complete an online application
Check out this video direct from one our employees: http://www.wasteconnections.com/misc/employment.aspx
~Waste Connections, Inc hires safety driven people!~
Seabreeze Landfill located in Angleton, TX has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator!
$3,000.00 Sign on Bonus
The successful candidate should have experience operating; scrapers, bull-dozers, moto-graders, and front end loaders. Experience operating trash compactors would be considered a plus.
Operators must be capable of performing pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on equipment and ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
Operators must also be capable of operating in a fast paced environment and during all types of weather conditions. Shifts can start as early as 5:30 am and may last 12 hours or more.
All landfill employees are expected to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices and perform miscellaneous job functions to promote the overall success of the site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels
- 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to speak conversational Spanish a plus.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/inority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...