MENEHUNE GREEN HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
The Heavy Equipment Operator II will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of material handling and processing equipment at the assigned Hawaiian Earth Products facility, as directed by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Heavy Equipment Operator II is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of assigned specialty equipment used in handling and processing greenwaste, compost, soil and soil amendments.
- Heavy Equipment Operator II will operate assigned equipment as required completing daily work schedules. Examples of these duties are as follows:
- Produce quality compost. Move mulch into windrows. Aerating, turning, moving, and processing windrows. Screening of finished compost. Blending compost to produce high quality blended products. Loading customers with compost products. Push or spread greenwaste to make room for dumping, cleaning, or grinding.
- Operation of loader and other heavy equipment to maintain facility and perform rough grading, sloping of landscape and water run off. Operates applicable heavy equipment in regular activities such as cleaning the grinding area, loading products, and spreading for the picking crew.
- Participates in the manual labor associated with keeping contaminants out of greenwaste and mulch piles, maintenance, repair, and construction of facility including roadway and shoulder maintenance, drainage maintenance, and vegetation control including mowing.
- Participate in the repair, maintenance, and construction of ditches, culverts, and catch basins.
- Participate in the repair, maintenance, and construction of asphalt and gravel roadways.
- Performs safety and maintenance inspections as described in the preventive and daily equipment checklist.
- Operate tractor trailer on and off road to transport materials.
- Operate water truck for dust control and management.
- Properly dispose of hazardous materials.
- Control traffic by flagging to guide vehicles through work areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work reasonable overtime as required to complete assigned tasks.
- Keep the site operations clean, organized, and as aesthetically pleasing as possible. Maintain a professional and environmentally responsible facility for the enjoyment of our customers, staff members, and business associates.
- Class A CDL desired, but not required
- Considerable knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in landscaping and parks maintenance; knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do repairs; Knowledge in the proper and safe techniques of heavy equipment operations, material handling, equipment and maintenance; Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions; knowledge of safe use of pesticides and other landscaping and site maintenance chemicals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, contractors and the general public, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to apply common sense and good judgment to every day situations; ability to see all sides of an issue and use good judgment and common sense to effect win/win solutions.
- Must possess a valid and current State of Hawaii driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Graduation from high school or a GED equivalent, some college preferred.
- One or more years of responsible related experience.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, standing sitting, and stooping. Must have the ability to perform frequent strenuous physical labor.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 75 pounds or more.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
Benefits available after specified length of employment:
· Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, Military, and Jury Duty Leave compensation
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance paid (employee only with election of specific plan)
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance Programs
· Flexible Spending Account (Child Care and Medical Plans)
· SEP IRA Program with 3% Employer Match
Menehune Greens offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces.
Menehune Green is an equal opportunity employer. All active employees are subject to random drug testing.
Emerald Services Inc. - 15 months ago
Emerald Services provides products and services to over 10,000 customers, serving the needs of the automotive, construction/industrial...