Under limited supervision performs various maintenance duties to provide a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system.
- Safely operates and trains others to operate complex machinery in specialized applications.
- Performs and oversees all maintenance tasks.
- Observes, verifies and documents work activities of Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Assists manager in planning, assigning and supervising.
- Provides advice and assistance on repair procedures needed for highways, equipment, and buildings.
- Serves as a technical resource.
- Provides input to performance evaluations for Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Provides work direction to a crew on a daily basis.
- Provides leadership and guidance to others while performing duties related to snow and ice removal.
- Communicates project information and proposed courses of action and/or consequences.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of highway equipment and operations.
- Knowledge of computer systems, work reporting requirements, and maintenance management practices specific to WYDOT.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Individuals in this classification must be available for emergency work calls at anytime,
including nights, weekends and holidays. Acceptance of an appointment to this classification signifies that the individual is aware of this requirement and will comply with it.
- A condition of employment for this vacancy is the individual is required to live in department housing at Pole Creek.
Education: Associate's Degree (typically in Engineering)
Experience: 0-2 year(s) of progressive work experience (typically in Highway
Maintenance/Highway Construction) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n)
Highway Maintenance Technician
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 year(s) of progressive work experience (typically in Highway Maintenance or
Highway Construction) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n) Highway
Must have the ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License, Class A, with appropriate endorsements required by WYDOT within 30 days of employment.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code TNHM06) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
WYDOT offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition refund program, employer funded retirement, deferred compensation program, longevity pay and opportunities for advancement. Visit us online at www.dot.state.wy.us.
State of Wyoming - 21 months ago