The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, and other materials.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
duties, grading, and culvert repair/replacement.
- Operate pick-up trucks, dump trucks, sweepers, backhoes, and bobcats.
- Responsible for road and ground maintenance that consist of snow removal
organizational equipment as required or directed.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Checks and Service (PMCS) on all
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Read and interpret plans, grade and slope stakes.
- Responsible for adjustments and emergency repairs to equipment.
sweepers, backhoes, bobcats, front end loaders, and bulldozers.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have two years of verifiable experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
- Must be licensed on pick-up trucks, dump trucks, rollers, graders, scrapers,
including moving violations within the last calendar year.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record, no more than two citations,
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Must able to work in inclement weather conditions.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer