- Local Candidates Preferred
MINIMUM ELIGIBLITY FACTORS:
- Operates barge unloading cranes, bulldozers, pan scrapers, carryalls, locomotives, draglines, power shovels, or works as an industrial yard conductor at a major steam plant.
- Works as a journeyman operator and is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports operating difficulties, equipment failures, or any observed evidence of potential equipment trouble to the supervisor.
- May be required to lubricate any of the equipment listed above.
- Approximately 8,000 hours experience on heavy equipment, which includes cranes, bulldozers, pan scrapers, carryalls, locomotives, draglines, and power shovels.
- Must be willing to qualify to operate any piece of equipment included in this class.
Works under the direct supervision of the coal hauling foreman, who assigns work and, as required, directs him/her in doing it.
SUPERVISION OVER OTHERS:
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. TVA gives hiring preference to qualified U.S. citizens for all job vacancies. Between qualified U.S. citizens and other protected individuals, TVA gives hiring preference to equally qualified born or naturalized U.S. citizens. TVA gives preference in appointments to eligible Veterans. For more information, please see www.tva.com/employment/veterans.htm. If you desire to exercise your Veteran's preference for this position, please email your supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When working as an industrial yard conductor in a train crew, supervises a switchman or switchmen.
- When working as a crane operator, directs the work of deckhands and laborers.
The Tennessee Valley Authority, a corporation owned by the U.S. government, provides electricity for 9 million people in parts of seven...