Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
We are looking for an Heavy Equipment Operator at our landfill in Bartlesville, OK.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
Please apply online only at wasteconnections.com.
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...