Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
We are looking for an Heavy Equipment Operator at our landfill in Bartlesville, OK.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers, wheel loaders, excavator and off road dump trucks.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
Please apply online only at wasteconnections.com.
Waste Connections - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...