Performs a variety of installation and maintenance of avionics hardware and wiring assemblies within budgeted time and at customer standards of quality. Position will conduct operational checks, troubleshooting and the repair of avionics and electrical systems on all types of aircraft. Performs functional checks, ground and flight test procedures and reports and repairs resultant discrepancies. In addition will also determine power availability status of aircraft and provide recommendations for availability of aircraft electrical and avionics systems. Will fabricate and install wiring assemblies, static lines and associated mechanical equipment per drawings. Provide avionics technical guidance and assistance to aircraft electricians and other skill groups as required.
What you need:
- High school diploma OR GED
- Airframe license
- 2 years avionics experience, to include troubleshooting, in a heavy aircraft maintenance or modification environment
- 2 years experience in the removal, modification, and installation of aircraft avionic systems
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot and repair all types of avionics equipment and electrical systems using electrical schematics.
- Basic understanding of FAA regulations pertaining to CFR Part 145 repair station operations
- Must provide own tools
- FCC License and/or Power plant license
- 2 years previous experience at a FAR Part 145 repair station
- Graduate of electronics principles course or equivalent military training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and to travel on an as needed basis to support off-site maintenance
- Eye/hand coordination and clear field of vision
- Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in tight and confined spaces with respiratory equipment
- Ability to bend, crawl, twist, and other positions and sustain the position for extended period of time
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services - 22 months ago
Built on a 30-year airline maintenance legacy, AMES offers the experience, equipment, and efficiency critical to delivering high-quality,...