WELCOME TO THE PEACH STATE!
Area of Consideration: Open to anyone eligible for membership in the Georgia Air National Guard.
Position Location: 116th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Robins AFB, Warner Robins, Georgia
Type of Appointment: This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent, dual-status position which requires Georgia Air National Guard Membership.
Job Summary: This position is located in the 116th Logistics Readiness Squadron. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, repair, modify and inspect heavy mobility equipment as well as various types of motor vehicles and powered support equipment, both gasoline and diesel powered.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): PCS is not authorized.
Relocation Incentive: Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP): Acceptance of a Federal Excepted technician position of over 179 days in length will cause termination from the SRIP.
Background Check: Selectee may, at the option of the agency, be required to submit to criminal, credit history, and general background checks which will be evaluated by the agency prior to a final offer of employment and access into the Georgia National Guard Federal Technician or Active Guard/Reserve program.
National Guard Membership: This position requires military membership. It is designated for Enlisted incumbent(s) only. In accordance with AFR regulations, incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish military TAG: Position Title functions in support of programs essential to state Air National Guard daily operations, training and readiness missions.
As a member of a Georgia Air National Guard unit, you will be required to train with your unit, normally one weekend a month and 15 days of annual training each year. Georgia Air National Guard units and members are subject to immediate call to federal or state active duty to meet national or state emergencies.
- Must be a current U.S. Citizen.
- Under 5 USC 2108 & 5 CFR 211, Veteran's Preference criteria does not apply.
- Direct Deposit Banking is Mandatory.
- Military Requirement: Enlisted AFSC: 2T351
The following list of duties is not conclusive but provides a brief snapshot of the duties that may be required of this position:
General Experience: Must possess experience or training that has provided the applicant with the skill to make repairs or the ability to assist with repairs that can be accomplished by removing, adjusting, or replacing defective or worn parts.
- Performs required repair of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles and equipment as assigned, using independent judgment and own initiative on the repair work.
- Performs body repair and corrosion control, repaints, and refinishes surfaces as required. Repairs and/or replaces body parts, locks, glass, etc., and determines if additional repairs are required.
- Diagnoses malfunctions by visual or auditory examination methods.
- Prepares, maintains and submits maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting.
- Reviews and maintains technical orders, operating instructions, commercial publications, Major Command (MAJCOM) and local publications, automotive data base updates, as well as other pertinent directives.
- Establishes and maintains adequate bench and special stock support levels and appropriate tools and equipment.
- Participates as On-the-Job Training (OJT) instructor in the vehicle maintenance area.
- Conducts the local occupational safety and health training program, to include compliance with directives and procedures for proper disposal of hazardous/contaminated waste products.
- Operates general and special purpose vehicles, base maintenance, materials handling equipment, and Aeronautical Ground Equipment (AGE), as required to support the unit mission.
- Plans and schedules tasks and training activities for drill status guard members.
- Carries out various duties in support of mobilization readiness of section assigned personnel and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 18 months specialized experience diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experience in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on heavy mobile vehicles, equipment and systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements may be further evaluated by the Selecting Official based on the following KSAs considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Troubleshoot hard to find vehicle defects or problems and determine repairs needed.
- Need sufficient knowledge to troubleshoot, repair, install or rebuild complex major systems and assemblies.
- Knowledge of all related special power tools, hand tools and a wide variety of test equipment examples are test stands, oscilloscopes, compression gauges engine and chassis dynamometers common to the field.
- Knowledge of body repair, refinish surfaces and corrosion control.
- Repair replace locks body panels and glass.
- Prepare, maintain and submit maintenance work orders for man hour data collection accounting.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health training programs to include compliance with directives for proper disposal of hazardous waste.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, applicants must have a valid state drivers license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
National Guard Compatibility: Once an applicant is selected and prior to being placed in the technician Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic position, the selectee must be assigned to a compatible unit in the Georgia Air National Guard as an Enlisted member in AFSC: 2T351 .
Rank inversion is strictly prohibited.
Wear of the Air Force uniform as prescribed by AFR/NGB/GA NGR is required for incumbent of this position. Acceptance of this position constitutes concurrence with this requirement as a condition of employment.
Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the government's expense, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
Optional Form 78 (Certificate of Medical Examination) will be used to determine the fitness and eligibility for employment. Upon review of results, the Human Resources Officer will approve selection, require additional medical information or find selectee medically disqualified for employment and withdraw said offer.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire.
The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the duties required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
Field Service Technnician
Southern States ToyotaLift & Florida Lift Systems
Southern States ToyotaLift & Florida Lift Systems
- 14 days ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...