Champion Technologies provides solutions for the oil and gas industry like no one else. The reason for our success? Simple. The innovation of our people makes the difference. As one of the largest global oilfield chemical providers, Champion Technologies is helping shape its industry, and helping talented people like you achieve their goal of a productive and rewarding career.
Our talents and capabilities span six continents, but we act as one company. We seek out and use our best practices and systems to deliver consistent results every time. We are driven to be the best - for our customers and the world. Join us and you will discover your voice, your place, and your share of incredible rewards.
Since 1953, we’ve expanded our research & development, manufacturing expertise, and the industry-leading service of our products and applications. With several regional headquarters and a global network of manufacturing facilities around the world, we're everywhere you want to take your career - and wherever our customers need us.
The mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical maintenance and repair for the heavy truck fleet of vehicles that are assigned to a district within the ABU. This position will also track and maintain the Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedules and warranty records for the trucks and mechanical assets (Pumps, Forklifts, Trailers, etc.) as well. He/She will work with vendors and suppliers to ensure that the district maintenance capabilities can respond to most mechanical issues. This position will also work with vendors, suppliers and warranty providers to deliver more extensive services for mechanical events like engine replacement, transmission replacement, etc.
Speciality and pneumatic tools will be provided. Employee will need their own basic hand tools.
Troubleshoot and maintain engines, pumps, valves, etc.
Engines: Cummins, International, Mercedes diesel, Duramax and Power stroke diesel.
Valves: the standard 1" and 2" plumbing on our trucks. Pipe thread, etc.
Pumps: 1" and 2" Viking pumps, 1800 psi Triplex pumps.
Single and tandem axle trucks with ratings of 10K and 20K pounds 5. Transmissions: Automatic and manual. Manual transmissions can be 6 spd, or 10 spd.
- Track and maintain Preventative Maintenance (PM) records for heavy truck fleet and mechanical assets.
- Perform PM and repair work on heavy truck fleet and mechanical assets.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to provide warranty and repair work for mechanical situations beyond the districts resources.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to provide spare parts, supplies (lubricants, oils, etc.), and shop equipment.
- Maintain a clean shop and safe work environment.
- Leave the district to provide on-site support, deliver vehicles for service and/or pick up after completed repairs.
- Perform DOT inspections on fleet vehicles.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (special skills, knowledge, ability, education, etc.):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (special skills, knowledge, ability, education, etc.):
- Completion of either a Technical School or Vocational School program for "Heavy" trucks or diesel or similar
- 4+ years demonstrated experience in repairing "heavy" truck vehicles and diesel engines
- Ability to exert 100 lbs of force occasionally and/or 50 lbs of force constantly to move and manipulate objects.
- ACE certification a plus
- Welding skills a plus
Champion Technologies is an equal opportunity employer . In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering questions and providing your eSignature
Champion Technologies produces specialty chemicals and provides services that help oil and gas companies with productivity. Among its...