SEI is a leader in manager-of-managers investment solutions with over $190 Billion in assets under management for our worldwide client base. SEI has a unique opportunity at our corporate headquarters located in Oaks, Pennsylvania for an experienced investment professional to join the alternative asset research team with an initial focus on hedge funds.
The Senior Analyst, Alternative Investments will be part of the hedge fund team responsible for the management of SEI’s hedge fund of funds product. The team functions to provide a “best-practices” approach for all aspects of hedge fund investment management including: Quantitative/qualitative research, portfolio management, risk monitoring, performance measurement, operational/administrative oversight and marketing support. This analyst position will primarily be responsible for the administrative/operational activities and lead the operational due diligence area.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining critical relationships with hedge funds’ operational and administrative personnel.
- Working with Alternative Portfolio Manager to coordinate and implement monthly cash flow activity in compliance with portfolio allocation targets, investment guidelines, and fund administration terms/conditions.
- Assist in research and due diligence of current and potential hedge fund managers.
- Leading the SEI operational due diligence process.
- Developing appropriate investment communication materials and analysis supporting sales, service and product initiatives
The ideal candidate will have deep experience and knowledge about investment management middle/back office activities including onshore and offshore fund administration, prime brokerage, client reporting, internal controls and pricing practices. Familiarity with hedge fund and hedge fund strategies is a plus. This position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The individual must also be comfortable working within a team environment.
Location and Travel
This position will be based at our corporate headquarters in Oaks, PA and some travel will be required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
SEI - 15 months ago
SEI Investments provides outsourced investment and fund processing for about 7,000 private banks, trust companies, investment advisors and...