Initial point of contact for service requests and will be part of a team comprised of student employees and various other Information Technology Services teams.
- Provide 1st Level support at the Helpdesk in a rotational schedule.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Work as a part of a team of support personnel.
- Presents a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Help Center policies and user focused documentation.
- Ability to adapt and incorporate process improvement suggestions.
- Create and insure that Help Center support documentation is reviewed and up to date.
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to team building and cross-team communications.
- Assist in building and training a team of student workers.
- Maintain high standards of customer service for phone, email, and walk-up requests.
- Display courtesy and sensitivity while handling difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Report on service delivery performance metrics including customer satisfaction surveys.
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Work with ITS management to create and manage service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure successful escalation of incidents.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Two years of information technology experience required. Experience in a customer service and/or Help Center environment required. Knowledge of, and ability to troubleshoot, various PC hardware.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7, Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as, Google Apps.
- Experience supporting Apple operating systems desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical guidance and instruction to all levels of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Applicant must display a willingness to make decisions, as well as, exhibit sound judgment.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 25 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 8 months ago