Provides technical phone support for various PC hardware and software applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical phone support for employees of corporate customers.
- Assists users in troubleshooting Outlook and/or Lotus Notes Email.
- Provides support for Microsoft Operating Systems (XP, Vista, Windows7).
- Provides support for Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Provides support for mobile devices including configuration and email sync.
- Handles 50-60 issues per day efficiently and appropriately.
- Gathers information pertaining to customer specific software, and routs to appropriate support groups.
- Utilizes Active Directory database to reset network passwords.
- Assists users in adding and changing network printers.
- Provides technical support for VPN connectivity issues.
- Controls user’s computers utilizing remote access tools.
- Troubleshoots remote access connectivity problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Trade School Certificate or Associate Degree in related field.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year experience in call center or helpdesk environment preferred.
Knowledge of various PC hardware and software applications including:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (preferred)
- Operating Systems: XP, Vista and Windows7
- Software Applications: MS Office 2003, 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Outlook, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP), Cable Modem, and Internet Support are a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations
- Computer Specialist Certification
- Help Desk Analysts Certification
- Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral, written, technical, and business communication skills.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and...