Job Order: J1212-0913 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Help Desk Analyst
Category: Information Technology
City: Edwards AFB, California, United States
Job Description: Help Desk Analyst
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal! CGI is seeking a Help Desk Analyst to support DoD at Edwards AFB, CA.
The Crystal City Help Desk provides over the phone and in person support for 600+ users located in multiple buildings at the Program Office Headquarters (as well as additional remote sites). The Help Desk also answers and responds to emergency after-hour phone calls for DoD users at all sites during non-business hours, as needed.
The Help Desk Analyst is the single point of contact for all troubles calls, technical problems, and information requests. Responsibilities include:
- Provide first-line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
- Track issues to resolution updating the internal knowledgebase and/or communicating lessons learned with relevant business units.
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ Certification
- 1-2 years of Help Desk Experience and Customer Service
- Prior experience with Remedy or equivalent Help Desk Ticketing System
- 1-2 years of IT problem-solving/troubleshooting experience
- 1-2 years of experience with remote management tools
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology, change management processes, and risk management processes.
o Windows 7 and XP
o Active Directory
o Network Basics, VPN Basics
o Blackberry Basics
DESIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
o Certifications in operating system, hardware, and software
o Call center experience
Education Requirements :
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field (2+ year of experience can be substituted)
- The ability to hold a government security clearance is required for this role, so U.S. Citizenship is required At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Help Desk/IT Services
CGI - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
About CGI Group
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading...