The Help Desk Analyst will be responsible for troubleshooting computer operations so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes (but is not limited to) receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
[To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential responsibilities satisfactorily. Other essential and non-essential responsibilities and projects may be assigned.]
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner. Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers. Prioritize and schedule problems. Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution. Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network.
- Triage Level II and Level III trouble tickets.
- Document, track and monitor user problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Verify issue resolution on the customer’s behalf with ABS.
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and the ticketing system updated accordingly.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Provide one-on-one desk side training for employees requiring assistance on software applications and/or IT equipment.
- Carry out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels.
- Develop and direct delivery of technical training pertaining to new technology and product advancements to Brailsford & Dunlavey employees.
- Deliver training programs in both a formal (e.g. a classroom) or informal (e.g. floor-walking) setting.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and learning outcomes.
- Proactively determine fixes, document accordingly and effectively communicate the solutions to the appropriate teams.
- Assist with the configuration of laptops/desktops and software applications.
- Manage assets, new hires, and transfer employee process.
- Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth.
[ The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum education and/or hands-on experience necessary to perform each essential responsibility.]
- High School Diploma/GED + 2 years experience working in a professional environment
- MCP Certification preferred
- Experience with Dell hardware is a plus
- Ability to move to Irvine, CA in 3-6 months
[ The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform each essential function.]
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Ability to support Windows Vista and Windows 7 desktops, both hands-on and remotely
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 & Internet Explorer 8
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Understanding of a TCP/IP environment
- Experience using Remote Control applications to support customers, such as Windows Remote Desktop
- Ability to troubleshoot VPN/connectivity issues
- Ability to troubleshoot network printer errors
- Experience installing and configuring Windows OS (Vista & Windows 7)
- Willingness to learn quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in all job areas.
- Ability to be well organized and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing and speaking).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced setting, prioritizing and juggling multiple tasks and/or projects.
- Must be a confident team player who is willing to offer solutions to issues and new approaches to performing the team’s work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
[The demands marked below are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants should notify the Human Resources director of any accommodation that is needed. ]
- Office environment; low to moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Office equipment/computers at least 8 hours per day.
- Servers, UPS, data cabling devices and hand tools as necessary.
- Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hrs per day
- Standing or walking
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-Hand Coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Occasional bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)