NEC provides student-busing services throughout North America using a shared service model, incorporating a driver focused operating environment with approximately 18,000 Operations Department staff in over 30 States in the U. S. and 2 Provinces in Canada, covered by approximately 18 Collective Agreements.
Serves as first point of contact for users requesting IT service. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving Tier 1 end user requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problems including, but not limited to PC/laptop/phone/PDA use, account administration, MS WIN/Office/User Configuration and other desktop software, peripherals and technology. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Records user service requests in ticketing system according to incident management process.
- Fulfills user requests for help desk service, desktop/laptop technology including PC, peripherals, printers, PDAs/Blackberry, USB devices, wireless NIC, CD/DVD and other desktop/laptop connected devices.
- User account administration.
- Assigns or escalates problems and requests to appropriate level 2 resources.
- Creates user documentation to assist users with routine use and resolution scenarios.
- Provides direct guidance and instruction to users to resolve PC problems and to assist the user with the use of PC and applications. Provide application, procedural and process assistance to all users of National Express Corp, Stock Transportation and Durham School Services.
- Assists desktop support, tier 2 and tier 3 resources with problem resolution. May implement solutions provided by others to solve escalated problems.
- Performs issue follow-up with user and other technical resources to ensure problem resolution and timely close out of tickets.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Documents problem identification, symptoms, diagnosis and resolution steps in ticketing system or other document sources as required.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Communication of and adherence to all NEC Policies and Procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- 4 years’ experience in a distributed help desk environment.
- PC skills with Windows operating systems (98/NT/2000/XP/WIN7) and Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project).
- Experience with AD account creation and administration.
- Experience with a variety of PC/laptop models and peripherals.
- Experience with remote administration tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self-motivated with an energetic disposition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...