The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing customer service to EarthLink’s customers on company supported computer applications and platforms. Additionally, he or she is responsible for troubleshooting problems and advising on the appropriate actions to be taken.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise users on appropriate action
- Adhere to help desk metrics
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Identify, redirect problems and escalate urgent situations to appropriate resource
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, information systems, engineering, related field or related equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Help Desk environment with hands-on technical experience in the installation, maintenance and operations of networks and network applications
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training with firewalls
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Display a sense of urgency
- A+ and Network + certifications preferred
- Must be able to sit for long periods / be on the phone
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...