Provides customer-oriented support to users of the Grange computing facilities by operating the Desktop Services Help Desk. Insures that problems are forwarded within the department in a timely manner and that customers are provided appropriate feedback.
1. Answers the Help Desk telephone.
2. Maintains log of calls and activities.
3. Gathers pertinent information to assist in determining the nature of the problem.
4. Performs “first level” diagnostics and support. Corrects problems or forwards to appropriate person for resolution, and works with technical staff to resolve problems and implement remedial procedures.
5. Follows-up with customer and Computer Services technician as required.
6. Produces periodic activity reports.
7. Install & configure application software.
One year of related experience. Post high school degree preferred. MCDST Certification, or progress towards certification, strongly preferred. Possess working knowledge of PC, including Windows, word processing and spreadsheets. Possess a high degree of initiative and assertiveness to handle multiple tasks and deadlines. Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and communicate clearly. Must have a customer service orientation.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 17 months ago