Position Title: Help Desk Engineer|
Reports To: IT Director
Salary: $35K – 45K
Under the supervision of the IT Director, this position provides local and remote technical support to the companys end-user community. This is an intermediate technical position responsible to provide support for workstation software\hardware components, including support for Microsoft centric networks and servers. Some of the qualifications involved are IT professional services knowledge, strong troubleshooting skillsets, exceptional technical capabilities, excellent communication, and incident and problem management proficiencies are required.
This position requires a detail-oriented individual with sound judgment and initiative, capable of maintaining professional working relationship with end-users. Patience and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality is an absolute necessity. Advanced working knowledge of Networking and Infrastructure is a plus. This would include; Microsoft A/D administration, VMWare, FortiNet, Cisco, layer 2 and 3 switches, TCP/IP, fiber, firewalls, cables, servers, In-Cloud email filter and SEP solutions, website Infrastructure, .NET and SQL database knowledge.
JetStream, a company that recognizes the instrumental role that technology plays in delivering exceptional services to its clients, offers career advancement opportunities to its employees. If you love interacting with good people, thrive to learn vanguard technologies, and enjoy the analytical processes used to solve complex problems, this is your opportunity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Manage support requests and workloads using SysAid software.
- Respond to incoming service requests promptly and in a professional manner.
- Monitor progress with end-user(s) and provide feedback to all parties involved.
- Provide telephone, email, and remote support to clients on all hardware and software issues.
- Support includes installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Two or four year college degree, preferred.
- Minimum two years in help desk or phone support.
- Exceptional help desk service expertise and patience.
- Must be able to lift 45 Lbs. and some travel is required.
- Capacity to pass company and airport background checks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of email systems (MS Exchange)
- Excellent communication, organization and troubleshooting skills.
- Firm understanding of remote application services (RDP and TeamViewer).
- Strong command of the English language (oral and written). Spanish-speaking a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers, peripherals and operating systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Experience with desktop and LAN/WAN environments- Windows workstations, MS Office suites, HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.
- Understanding of technical support practices such as support ticket and knowledgebase documentation, and escalation processes.
- A+\Network +
- MCITP –Microsoft Workstation, Server and\or Exchange – user administration
- HDI-SCA or similar service desk agent certification
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago