The Help Desk Intern's role is to assist with ensuring the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also assist with analyzing and resolving end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Key Job Responsibilities
Application Requirements: Candidates must meet the following qualifications: 1. All candidates must fit one of the following descriptions: An individual of junior or senior standing pursuing a Bachelor's degree in related field or an individual enrolled in the last semester/second year of a two-year related degree program. 2. Applications must include the following materials. · Resume · Cover Letter 3. Must have a current cumulative GPA of at least 2.5. 4. Meet Department specified qualifications as outline in the respective job description. 5. Demonstrated interest in education. 6. Proven leadership skills through past work or school experiences.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform workstation and network security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
Kaplan - 20 months ago
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...