Job Description Create and work Help Desk tickets to final resolution. Monitoring, troubleshooting issues on the network. Perform, back-end network router, proxy/server web filter requests. Manage security software and end user education. Perform post resolution follow-ups to Helps Desk Tickets.
The HelpDesk II processes scheduled routines that present few difficult operating problems (e.g., infrequent or easily resolved error conditions). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, this worker applies standard operating or corrective procedure, refers problems that do not respond to preplanned procedure, and may serve as an assistant operator, working under general supervision.
Required Skills Qualifications:
- Responds to complex technical problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking via email and phone.
- Able to simultaneously support numerous customer bases with separate policy, procedural and ticketing requirements.
- Assists customers by remotely diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service-related issues.
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts.
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Remains knowledgeable of Dell's product line, current industry products and technologies.
- Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
- Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
- Escalates more complex customer technical issues to senior level support.
- Adheres to strict military/DOD policies and procedures.
Desired Skills Education Must obtain the following certifications within 45 days of hire:
- Strong telephone etiquette skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Technical Skills (Hardware, Operating Systems, Networking, Active Directory, Enterprise Email)
- Experienced organization and problem solving skills.
Requirements Hazards About Dell Inc. Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That’s what success sounds like at Dell. It’s this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you’ll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
- ITIL Foundations
- Microsoft 70-680 or 70-685 Experience High School diploma or GED and 2 years working at a technical support help desk. Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Must be able to log, update and record actuate and detailed tracking
- 2-4 years of experience in a customer service or related field.
- 1-2 years of Technical Support experience.
- 1-3 years of related, industry or segment experience.
For more than 25 years, Dell has provided technology solutions to customers that improves their productivity, enhances their lives and meets their distinct needs. Headquartered in Round Rock, Texas, Dell has framed its business around the customers it serves, from the world’s largest and most demanding businesses and public sector organizations, to small and medium businesses, to consumers worldwide. At Dell, we promote an environment that thrives on innovation. To deliver effective solutions that meet customer challenges, Dell focuses on pivotal standards that drive future technology innovation.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...