• Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems.
• Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
• Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
• Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, facilities and makes recommendations to management.
• Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
• Recommends new hardware and software as needed.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Trains, coaches and mentors team of Tier 1/2 IT Support Specialists. Defines goals and directions to foster growth and productivity.
• Oversees all help desk tickets, requests, incidents and problems.
• Manages projects and delegates tasks appropriately.
• Coordinates process for IT hardware/software purchasing, procurement, and deployment.
• Manages and maintains an updated inventory of all IT hardware/software.
• Serves as a liaison between the IT support division and IT senior management to serve as a single point of reference for disseminating information.
• Compiles weekly and monthly reports and metrics. Provides data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT senior management.
• Possesses strong technical ability to analyze and troubleshoots complex issues. Determines root cause of issues, communicates appropriately, and ensure proper documentation of issue/resolution.
• Acts as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develops and matures phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure structured escalation of information within the organization.
• Develops and oversees a comprehensive IT Help Desk knowledgebase and IT SOP Manual.
• Conducts strategic planning to assess risks and identify opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
• Five to Eight (5 to 8) years running help desk
• Experience with defining/maintaining performance metrics.
• Experience meeting/executing/implementing SLA methodologies.
• Must have excellent people skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written skills.
• ITIL v.3 Certified.
• MCSE, MCSA, CCSE required (or similar certifications).
CNSI - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard