American Progress has an immediate opening for a Technology Help Desk Manager. The position will help maintain core Microsoft system software and applications; manage the day-to-day customer support and service. This person must have an understanding of advanced network concepts, routing, firewall, security policy, and virtual private networking, Windows 2008 domains - Microsoft 365 is a plus. The help desk manager will enhance and maintain the organizations expectation of customer service by effectively tracking and disseminating information, performing thorough troubleshooting, and using all available services, support tools, and resources.
- Develop and lead the support team.
- Ensure adherence to all IT processes and policies for customer response, follow-up, and incident resolution.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the growth and advancement of IT staff.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding policy changes or enhancements
- Use metrics analysis, report generation to manage the help desk team.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of user and computer accounts and systems configurations on a variety of applications and systems, including LAN and remote access services.
- User account administration: Windows 2008 and Active Directory; Terminal Server; creation and maintenance of user accounts and groups, implementation of file-level and share-level security, user rights relating to shares and permissions.
- Responsible for the implementing and management of Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, and System Center Operations Manager.
- Develop and document new and existing procedures or processes that will result in improvements and/or documentation for archival purposes.
- Must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- At least three years of management experience in technology customer support or customer service environment.
- Must poses excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels.
- Able to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision necessary.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in administering mission-critical systems in a production environment.
- Ability to communicate technical details to lay audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to initiate projects and balance multiple projects at once.
- Commitment to American Progress
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- ’s mission and goals.
Bachelor’s degree in in related field preferred.
- Experience supporting users, computers, and Windows network infrastructure in a medium-scale corporate environment.
- Experience supporting Active Directory.
- Must have technical hands-on knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows 2008 operating systems
- Windows 7 operating systems
- Windows Deployment Server
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress - 10 months ago