NCI: As a Help Desk Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Helpdesk and Desktop Support operations.
The Customer Service Manager will be expected to provide technical knowledge of concepts and principles related to supporting a Microsoft Windows client environment on a predominately laptop hardware platform. The position will manage a team of about 15 helpdesk and desktop technicians at the direction of the program manager. The Customer Service Manager will provide IT solution escalation services in support of customer problem resolution activities. The position will be responsible for managing all aspects of helpdesk and desktop support operations while working towards service improvements and delivering specified support and deliverables within established service level agreements. The Customer Service Manager will support a primary customer facility and occasionally an offsite COOP location. This position requires support for on-call after hour services as needed. Furthermore, this position will assist and collaborate with other IT management level professional staff in regard program objectives, direction and goals. Most importantly, the Customer Service Manager will be responsible for working within a dynamic customer oriented environment to deliver outstanding customer service.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and guidance to a team of about 15 helpdesk and desktop support technicians • Self-identify process improvements and areas of potential efficiency enhancements • Mentor and coach helpdesk and desktop support professionals • Enhancement of standard operating procedures • Creation of solution documentation and user guides • Develop scheduling strategy to provide adequate operational support • Enhance existing training processes for helpdesk and desktop support • Conduct employee reviews, coaching and counseling sessions • Develop helpdesk and desktop support related project plans • Coordinate helpdesk and desktop support resources with other IT service managers in support of customer requirements • Provide helpdesk and desktop support weekly progress and activity reports • Provide weekly management reports • Develop strategic direction in collaboration with program management and service managers • Manage Remedy ticket flows and processes in support of obtaining established service level agreements • Work directly with customers in support of service related concerns and issues • Develop trusted relationships with customers by providing accurate and efficient support • Assist with the generation and maintenance of IT solution requirements • Ability to prioritize and independently manage time on multiple projects simultaneously • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for customer interaction and ticket documentation • Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of issues with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Symantec Anti-virus, Citrix, VPN, etc. … • Installation, assistance, and troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, printers, multifunction devices, scanners and other various hardware technologies • Assist supporting Voice Over IP solution • Provide customer support for email, hosted applications, desktop, system and network problems within defined service-level agreements • Troubleshoot customer IT service issues to resolution or escalate to senior engineers and/or service account managers as necessary • Adhere to business casual dress code at all times • Customer and extended team coordination and communication • Provide on-call support • Less than 10 percent domestic travel may be necessary (foreign travel not required)
• Active DoD secret clearance or greater • Minimum four years of computer hardware and software support within a complex environment • Minimum four years experience leading or managing IT teams • Bachelor’s degree in a related Information Technology or an additional four years of direct work experience to be considered on a case-by-case basis • CompTIA Security + • ITIL certification desired • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of leadership • Ability to multitask while staying focused • Ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Education and Experience:
• The ability to physically move between three separated campus buildings • Personal transportation capable of individual transport for offsite support within five miles of primary work location as needed • Relocation of equipment from walking distance warehouse or within customer areas to include printers, monitors, laptops, desktops, keyboards and other peripherals • The ability to maneuver under desks and tables • The ability to physically move laptops, monitors, servers, keyboards and reconnect systems possibly located under desks • The ability to successfully work within a fast paced, dynamic environment • The ability to work with and lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...