- To manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services, manage support to clients (students, faculty and staff) and ensure that service levels are achieved.
- Ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring the Help Desk team members are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
Key Responsibilities (% of Time)
1. Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers. (25%)
2. Manage, train, coach and mentor Help Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development.
- Oversee staff activities.
- Builds/obtains/manages training material for support staff.
- As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Assist in the professional and technical development of Help Desk team, create technical goals, monitor, mentor, coach and assist team members to deliver quality support (20%)
3. Provide data and reporting of KPI¹s and trends to the IT management team at weekly meetings.
- Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement.
- Work to make Help Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
- Develop a performance measurements framework and use to produce detailed performance metrics to enhance the quality of support delivered
- * Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed). (20%)
4. Oversee Run Book and ensure top quality solutions are available to the IT team.
- Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation. (20%)
5. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Facilitate a feedback system from end users, such as customer service and communication, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered (10%).
Knowledge and Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent.
- Professional certifications as appropriate.
- Knowledge of current trends in the field.
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, network infrastructure operating systems.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Training ability/experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills .
2. Discretion and decision making are key to this position.
- Exercise independent judgment.
- Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision
3. Work and communicate with a wide range of people – vendors, students, faculty and staff members
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others
- Fluency in English
4. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
Measurements of Success
- Timely, accurate and detailed monthly performance metrics submitted to CTO
- Availability of Help Desk resources during posted hours
- Quality of communications
- Quality of training for Tier 1 employees
- Ensuring that TTS estimates are given to end users and followed by Tier 1 team members
- Ensuring that SLAs are explicitly followed
The John Marshall Law School is a law school in Chicago, Illinois, that was founded in 1899 and accredited by the American Bar Association...