Apply Now To This Position
Job Location :
Baltimore Home Office
FTR- Full Time
Manage IT user support team under the supervision of the Director of IT. Provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to The Shelter Group users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a Help Desk environment. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end user training as needed, assist Network Administrators; troubleshoot network and computer issues; pass more complex end-user problems on to Network Administrators. Occasionally travel to sites to troubleshoot and/or install new systems.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Supervise the user support efforts of a team of IT Help Desk personnel.
- Work closely with Network Infrastructure team to ensure a consistent level of support to company associates.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems throughout the organization.
- Resolve system issues including coordination between users and other IT personnel.
- Document, track and monitor problems and requests to ensure timely resolution. Input daily all issues into Help Desk tracking system.
- Install and configure workstations for both corporate and the remote sites. Install and support any specialized software applications. Create and maintain Shelter’s desktop image to ensure consistency.
- Occasionally travel to site to troubleshoot and/or install new systems.
- Assist with maintaining Shelter’s home office phone system and mobile devices including troubleshooting problems and adding or deleting users.
- Assist with basic network administration. Manage user and computer objects in Active Directory.
- Test and install new software and software patches for desktops.
- Provide support and repair for network printers, copiers and scanners. When necessary, contact vendors for maintenance.
- Assist properties with warranty claims on PCs and printers.
- Teach new user orientation. Perform either specialized one-on-one or group training to new employees on the usage of Shelter’s systems.
- Plan, organize and prioritize outstanding issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance, testing, and repair of computer hardware.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment.
Manages technical staff and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shelter policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- College degree strongly preferred with 5 to 7 years of experience working in a professional office environment. Microsoft, CompTIA or similar certifications preferred.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Handle difficult situations and confront issues when needed.
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email and in person.
- Desire and ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office, Windows XP & 7, and related software.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group - 22 months ago
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...