Help Desk Site Lead
The Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee the service desk operation and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all National Service Desk policies and procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions.
- Experience managing leading a Tier 1 help desk is required.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail requests to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Report on group performance against SLA’s and Metrics (ie. number of calls, total tickets closed, first call resolutions, abandoned call rate, etc.)
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of Service Desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach, and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Assist in development of reporting to end-users.
Formal Education & Certification:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 2 years equivalent work experience. • Certifications in operating system, hardware, and software are desired.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience managing a high volume Help Desk. • Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware • Deep-seated experience with desktop and server operating systems • Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities • Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team. • Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Service Desk deliverables within contractual boundaries. • K-12 Education vertical experience desired. • Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems in a call center environment. • Experience with Remedy would be a plus. • Experienced working with Siemen’s Unified Communication software (HiPath or Openscape) highly desired. • Knowledge of managed services software desired.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills. • Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates. • Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives. • Exceptional written and oral communication skills. • Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills. • Strong documentation skills. • Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required. • Ability to absorb and retain information quickly. • Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users. • Ability to accept suggestions and criticism positively. • Keen attention to detail. • Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. • Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. • Exceptional customer service orientation • Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This position requires a background investigation and fingerprint check. Must be able to obtain a Moderate/MBI Public Trust clearance. US citizenship is required.
ACET - 21 months ago