This is a full-time, twelve-month professional position responsible to the manager of helpdesk services for:
1. Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and resolving customer requests.
2. Escalating problem resolution using independent judgment under dynamic conditions.
3. Providing operations assistance with computer equipment in the computer center; including servers, network equipment, printers, etc.
4. Running programs and scheduling jobs as requested by functional areas.
5. Keeping informed of new procedures and maintaining a working knowledge of computer systems and applications.
6. Assisting customers in the use of campus computing resources.
7. Performing other duties as assigned by the manager, help desk services.
1. Associate degree in computer information systems required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. One to three years experience in similar environment required; Windows certification desirable.
3. Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications required.
4. Experience in the following environments desirable: Active Directory, Netware, Exchange, and HEAT.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
6. Must be able to work independently, respect confidentiality and maintain courtesy dealing with internal and external customers.