Advanced Resource Technologies Inc. (ARTI) – - is currently recruiting for a Help Desk Specialist in support of a contract with the Office Chief Army Reserve (OCAR) at our Ft Belvoir, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is 2-3 weeks upon clearance transfer or receiving interim security clearance.
Responsible for providing assistance to operators/users in the use of software and software product applications. Resolves user IT requests for assistance or assigns problem to other technicians for resolution. This assistance includes technical assistance, guidance, and hands-on help to users with the automation tools/programs used for manipulation of decision support information resources. Individual provides for the help desk operation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- A Full-time Help Desk Support answering calls, e-mails messages assisting users with IT requests for assistance.
- Using the CA Unicenter IT Problem Tracking System, log all help desk interactions requests for assistance.
- Quickly and accurately determine incident and scope
- Resolve user IT problems or assign to appropriate technician for problem resolution.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent resolutions.
- Advise user on appropriate action.
- Serve as primary Help Desk point of contact. Must be able to interface with users in a helpful and professional manner.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Provide weekly activity report to the PM
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Our preferred method for receiving your resume is to apply on-line.
- High School graduate with appropriate technical training. Associates degree in computer science preferred or equivalent experience. A+ certification desired.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Help Desk operations to include some computer hardware experience and Microsoft Office software applications experience.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment
- Hardware : Scanners, modems, PC’s, docking station notebooks/laptops, laser Color/Black and White printers, monitors, keyboards, file servers, CD ROM
- Software : Network software including: Windows xp/2003, Norton Utilities, PCTools, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Enterprise IT Automated Problem Tracking System, McAfee Anti-Virus software, and Citrix MetaFrame remote software.
- Mandatory Requirement: A pplicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Secret clearance level.
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc. (ARTI)
For more information visit our website at www.team-arti.com
Apply On-line at: http://www.team-arti.com/jobopening.htm
Attn: Recruiter, 09-017A
1555 King Street, Suite 400
Alexandria , VA 22314
Fax: (703) 682-4824
Advanced Resource Technologies Inc - 16 months ago