Help Desk Specialist Job
The Candidate shall, under direction of the customer and Service Delivery Manager, provides support to end users on a variety of issues, responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users, and identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems with applications supported under this contract. The Help Desk Specialist will provide application O&M support for the program management team. The areas of work required include: supporting the management and handling of approximately 577 new trouble tickets per month, which includes receiving, categorizing, prioritizing based on severity level, scheduling the new tickets, investigating with the users, diagnosing, applying any workarounds, escalating to the Tier 3 Helpdesk any tickets not handled with workarounds and/or that require code changes or additions, closing tickets, and following up with the user in the form of helpdesk surveys. Additional work also includes continuously communicating and interfacing with the Tier 3 application support team when trouble-tickets and/or change requests (CRs) require escalation for additional expertise or when trouble tickets cross into other application functionality areas, and maintaining the helpdesk knowledge base.
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of six (6) years’ experience. Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format. Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines. She/he must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Familiarity with Remedy incident management system.
• Strong computer skills with extensive experience with MS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Serves as focal point for customer concerns.
• Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
• Ensure timely and effective response to IT helpdesk requests, including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
• Provide second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
• Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
• Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
• Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
• Document internal procedures.
• Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Must have/or be eligible to complete a government suitability background investigation.
CRI Advantage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
CRI Advantage - 14 months ago