Provide hands-on supervision to ensure clients are met with friendly, happy and helpful service. Successful candidates will be proactive and highly motivated to provide excellent customer service and lead a talented group of help desk support staff. Serves as the first level of supervision for the Help Desk Associates and is responsible for managing their day-to-day activities. The first level of escalation for issues and facilitates response to service incidents, service requests and general inquiries to the company. This is a highly visible position, providing end user technical assistance via first level support. Will be required to work 35% of the day on service tickets
1. Reports directly to the IT Manager – Infrastructure.
2. Provides supervision to the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities.
3. Manages the ordering and receiving of new IT hardware and software.
4. Performs staff scheduling to ensure 24 x 7 Help Desk coverage.
5. Categorizes tickets by severity and escalates as appropriate
6. Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
7. Logs and resolves Help Desk tickets (calls, emails and walk-ins)
8. Promptly refers unresolved issues to IT Infrastructure Manager.
9. Ensures that weekly and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
10. Accountable for meeting operational Service Level Agreements established by the IT Director
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the IT Infrastructure Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Help Desk application knowledge
· Customer service skills
· On call for PC Tech support
· Ability to cover missed schedules
· 5+ Years with AA or 3+ Years with BS, supporting a 50+ user Windows environment.
· At least 2 years recent experience as a supervisor or Team Lead in a call
· 3+ Years HealthCare related experience.
· Outstanding customer-facing abilities, verbal and written communication skills
· ComptTIA+, Net+, or current Microsoft Certification.
· Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in dealing with difficult interpersonal situations regarding support issues.
· Citrix XenApp / Virtualization technologies Vmware / XenServer / Hyper-V
SonicWALL / Vmware
· Experience with an IT HelpDesk tracking software such as HelpStar, Trackit, or Bugzilla
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...