Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Provides problem determination and resolution; related to ACS technology issues primarily via telephone support and other communication tools such as e-mail and instant messaging. Records pertinent information about all incidents and resolutions to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists with special projects and routine team support activities as required; enhancing customer relations.
• Performs problem determination via telephone support on ACS standard hardware and software following the established standards and operating procedures.
• Provides a high level of professionalism and customer service in all dealings with customers.
• Develops a working knowledge of the customer’s business needs to better provide technical support in the business environment.
• Utilizes problem management system to ensure customer problems are resolved.
• Follows elevation procedures when problems need to be elevated to the next level of support.
• Assists with testing of new or updated customized software systems through environment testing to ensure quality control requirements are met.
• Assists with technical evaluations of new hardware and software as assigned to ensure products being evaluated meet business and technical requirements.
• Assists with customer training as required.
• Uses all available educational resources to keep abreast of new developments in hardware and software and customer satisfaction techniques.
• Assists in maintenance of Help Desk systems as required; keeping knowledge base and other tools up to date and accurate.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow problem through to resolution.
• Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform in a team environment.
• Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
• Understanding of Windows networks required.
• Understanding of Windows XP/7 operating systems.
• Understanding of Lotus Notes is a plus.
• Understanding of Microsoft Office and web applications.
• Understanding of mobile devices such as smart phones and Blackberries.
• Understanding of communication protocols a plus.
One year of Computer-related training courses or equivalent technical experience
• Minimum of one year of customer service experience with majority of time spent on phone support.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
American Cancer Society - 2 years ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...