Summary: The position is responsible for first level problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation for IT supported products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Setup and configure new or replacement hardware and software as needed and train on the use of each.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal personnel.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the Help Desk tracking database.
- Escalate problems as appropriate.
- Utilize superior customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent plus one year of additional business, technical, or college training and a minimum of one year PC tech experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person and achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Must possess knowledge of information technology hardware, software, products and services.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess troubleshooting skills and have the ability to work independently to resolve problems.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Must be ale to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
Hiland Partners - 9 months ago