We have an immediate opening for an experienced Help Desk Support Specialist with at least 5 years’ experience working in a corporate environment. The successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast paced environment for a fast growing company. Strong troubleshooting skills and a professional demeanor are a must!
The Help Desk Support Specialist assumes responsibility for planning, coordination, and control of the activities of the IT Department Help Desk and general computer/server operations. This includes handling the day-to-day operation, providing support services for local and remote end-user, as well as creating and implementing long-range plans. Assistance with server maintenance is also required and may include hours worked outside of normal business hours. This position is also responsible for the ticketing system utilized by the IT Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and or directly resolve all support tickets, prioritizing and escalating as necessary to meet or exceed IT Department Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Provide professional service to internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects and other related items as assigned.
- Assist with support procedure and network documentation.
- Assist with keeping servers and core network equipment working and up to date at all times.
- Provide constant feedback to executive management on potential process changes and project plans in order to support company objectives.
- Ensure daily systems checks are performed making sure all systems are operating as expected.
- Check backups daily to ensure they run as expected.
- Degree in Information Management (or related) preferred and minimum 5 years information systems experience.
- Candidate should live within 30 miles of the Boca Raton, FL Area (Ft. Lauderdale, FL to West Palm Beach, FL). Relocation assistance is not available.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent Customer Service, interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating systems, including Window XP and 7.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory in a 2003/2008 environment.
- Solid understanding of virtualization technologies, particularly with VMWare.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Neat and professional appearance.