Let’s Work Together
Technical Support Specialist
This position is based in Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Technical Staffing
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure’s Managed Staffing team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Staffing may be the right place for you.
The role: Technical Support Specialist
As the Help Desk Support Specialist you’ll provide customer-friendly Help Desk services for assisting clients via phone support and remote control with problems using IT products and services. Problem statuses are tracked using Service Now.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving problems for pcs, printers, servers, active directory, data communications hardware and software.
- Technician will develop formally written problem solving solutions/procedures and disseminate procedures to and amongst all unit staff.
- Technician will monitor the ticketing system, communicate with users for a prompt resolution to the problem and document all steps taken to resolve
- Assigning severity levels – help desk agents evaluate trouble calls based on the impact and urgency of the trouble. If the agent taking the call cannot resolve the trouble on the first call, the agent creates an incident and assigns it a severity based on that evaluation.
- Coordinating related incidents – help desk agents determine whether or not the trouble reported is related to another call. When it is, they link these events. This linkage helps assess the extent of the trouble and increases efficiency by assigning resources appropriately.
- Communicating with customers and technical support staff – When customers establish accounts, they select the kinds of communication they wish to receive. As incidents move from initial reporting through to resolution, the help desk communicates with customer liaisons based on customer preference. The agents reach out to technical staff when they have an incident that needs attention, and frequently updates both technical support staff and management on the status of service-affecting outages.
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
- BS/BA in technical or business field and 3 years experience, or minimum of 5 years work related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the Service Now
- Experience in meeting ambitious deadlines and delivering high-quality work on schedule.
- Experience working closely with business customers to develop user requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A+ certification a plus
- MCP certification a plus
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
nfrastructure - 14 months ago