At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
The Help Desk Team Lead is responsible for the leadership and technical oversight of the PlumChoice Help Desk team. S/he is also required to provide Tier II IT Help Desk technical support as skill set and the situation demands.
In this role, the Help Desk Team Lead will lead a team of Support Technicians and Engineers in providing internal help desk support services as well as occasional external support services for customer trouble tickets. The team will quickly detect, analyze, isolate and resolve customer issues as well as network or server issues in all PlumChoice environments. This individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert but should have a firm grasp on administration within a Microsoft networking environment, monitoring tools, customer satisfaction, and escalation processes and procedures. S/he is also accountable for reporting on help desk metrics as well as meeting defined SLAs. The Help Desk Team Lead will also help train and mentor the help desk team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish and maintain a service oriented culture for all help desk responsibilities.
- Manage the processing of Help Desk tickets in highly disciplined manner.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and management of action plans for escalated customer and for all critical priority issues.
- Create and manage off-hours and weekend support rotation schedules.
- Participate in and be available for 7 x 24 off hours support.
- Drive action across all areas of the company to ensure timely, high quality solutions to of reported issues.
- Evolve performance of Help Desk team including delivery of solutions to enhance quality of service and avoidance of support tickets.
- Enforce proper handling of all policies and procedures.
- Recommend and collaborate on continuous improvement of support systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide full scope of IT On-boarding/Off-boarding activities, including provisioning user accounts, laptops/workstations and mobile devices, as well as all applicable software licensing.
- Lead the user administration process to ensure PCI compliance.
- Provide leadership to coach, motivate, and lead Help Desk Staff to their optimum performance levels and skill development.
- Drive creation of knowledge base solutions for key technical support topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in technical information technology roles.
- 3+ years of leading high performing technical information technology help desk teams.
- Deep knowledge of systems administration in Windows environments.
- Helpdesk experience with the Citrix XenApp is highly desirable.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to organize and execute on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute important initiatives and not exclusively focus on immediate tasks/activities.
- Strong troubleshooting experience with infrastructure architectures and web based applications in a production support capacity required.
- Experienced in help desk for both local and remote employees
- Excellent listening, problem solving, and ability to take evolutionary action.
- Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency, effort, and disciplined action.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree; a two-year degree or extensive Technical Support background considered with appropriate experience.
BS/BA Degree preferred
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.