United States-Virginia-Newport News
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
***This position requires an
level security clearance to even be considered. If you do
possess at least that first requirement,
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
; as you will
Join Northrop Grumman Technical Services and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking someone to serve as
Help Desk Technical Support
for our AOC WS program in Newport News, VA.
Join a winning team where the challenges are great and the rewards are even greater! We are seeking a highly motivated person to serve as a Help Desk Technical Support Specialist to support, investigate, resolve, and explain system related issues. Performs a variety of duties in support of a computer, network (LAN/WAN), and/or client server unit. Reviews input data to verify adequacy and appropriateness of material required for data processing and related operations. Reviews output data to verify completeness, accuracy, and conformance to quality standards and specifications. Maintains internal records and may catalog, disperse, and return tapes/disks. May review daily processing logs and may set or revise schedules. Conducts end-user training of custom software application. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Supports software development team and client.
Must be able to provide daily user support on tier 2 helpdesk and act as customer liaison. Must be able to be a proactive conduit between customers and software development changes to the system. Must have experience troubleshooting and repairing systems both remotely and in person. Familiar with software/hardware upgrades and notifying users of scheduled outages.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret level U.S. security clearance to be selected.
- B.S./ B.A. in related field required
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience with basic Windows commands
- Demonstrated experience dealing with customers and organizational skills are required.
- Must display position level appropriate proficiency with Microsoft Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Requires a solid understanding of analytical needs and a demonstrated ability to follow-up with customer/users for proper use and Recommendations regarding the system
- Requires three (3) years specialized experience in developing and providing technical and end-user training on computer hardware and application software (additional 4 yrs related exp in lieu of degree)
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Previous support of a joint military environment highly desired.
- Some systems administration experience with the specific network operating system, hardware, and software to be supported is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 19 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...