Coordinator C Service Desk (Technical Support - Tier 1) (Job Number: 009855) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for providing the first point of contact for internal Walgreens customers, including retail locations, corporate facilities, distribution centers and other business groups within the Walgreens family of companies. Responsible for providing hardware, software, communication and procedural support over the phone and online in an effort to aid our business units in operating in an effective and efficient manner. Provides resolutions to problems in a professional, timely and cost effective manner. Available for on call support 24X7X365.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Provides customer service through actively listening, showing empathy and attention to detail. Proactively, follows up on problems. Anticipates customer concerns.
- Analyzes and identifies hardware, software, procedural and/or communication problems.
- Develops, maintains, and applies knowledge of systems and tools necessary to troubleshoot problems.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and precisely verbally and in writing.
- Documents and summarizes interactions with internal customers, accurately, for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Adheres to department and company policies, procedures, and expectations particularly service level objectives.
- Navigates through a solution database and follows through on prescribed procedures to provide best possible answer for problems.
- Maintains a standard of productivity that is scaled on a monthly basis.
- Works with employees within and outside the department to ensure the resolution or escalated of problems.
- When applicable, provides suggestions for process and procedure improvement
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a customer service position.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Training
- Experience in business applications and infrastructure technical support.
- Experience communicating in Spanish both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience in an ITIL environment.
- Experience in a Lean or Six Sigma environment.
Walgreens - 18 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...