Purpose/Summary: As a member of the applications team, the focus of this position is to resolve support tickets escalated to that team by the Help Desk. This position is considered essential to operations and will be required to be available during any emergency. Additionally, the associate filling this position will be required to maintain an on-call status. Provide accurate and timely technical support to customers via telephone, email and chat. Manage support issues of a complex and technical nature with varying degrees of priority. Address incidents within predetermined service levels, requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Insure that needs of customers are met. Carrie out projects as assigned and supports other team members in order to represent the IT department in a professional manner.
- Must be able to perform all duties and responsibilities of the Help Desk Technician position.
- Works with the Field Service Technicians when possible to gain greater understanding and insight into resolving technical problems.
- Able to identify, analyze, and solve problems individually and in a team environment to provide technical support for complex hardware and software issues on standard user-level equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot less than complex network-related issues and able to initiate conceptual ideas with practical applications.
- Able to develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to utilize HelpDesk databases and presentation applications to provide professional and appropriate written and verbal information to internal and external customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how position relates to team and the department, the ability to motivate others and provide innovative solutions for individual and team improvement.
- Demonstrates leadership in a team environment.
- Develops short range plans to accomplish specific goals given a set amount of resources and set timeframes.
- Attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards Client population.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Exchange, Citrix.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems .
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products .
- Working knowledge of PCs and laptops.
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
Certifications or Licensure
- : CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Associate’s Degree
Skills and Abilities:
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management Skills
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- 2 years in Information Technology
- 1 year in HelpDesk Operations
We are an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must be able to operate a telephone.
- Must be able to operate PC repair tools.
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...