Help Desk Technician
The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OIT), Service Delivery and Engineering (SDE)/National Service Desk (NSD) is to provide benefits and services to Veterans of the United States. The National Service Desk provides a central point of contact for enterprise-class IT service and support, as well as outage notifications and information dissemination in VA 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year (24/7/365). The National Service Desk function operates throughout the VA and is a virtual organization with many locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Required)
Education and/or Experience:
- Familiarity of ITIL Service Operations
- Ticketing experience (i.e. Remedy or Heat)
- Incident Reporting
- Experience in multi operating systems –Windows XP, 2003, 2007, Linux, UNIX, VMS
- Experience in Desktop XP, Vista, Windows 2000
- Experience in Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, InfoPath and Outlook
- Associates degree preferred
- IT related Certifications a plus
- Requires help desk training
Day, Evening, and Swing
Security Clearance :
This position requires a background investigation and fingerprint check. Must be able to obtain a Moderate/MBI Public Trust clearance. US citizenship is required.