Position Information – Help Desk Technician
SECURITY LEVEL: BI / High
SHIFT: Must have flexibility with their work schedules. Work schedules will change periodically.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The National Service Desk (NSD) Service Desk Technicians field all Help Desk calls from the NSD user base and create the initial record of the request. They resolve all Tier One end-user problems over the phone, escalate all Tier Two and above requests on to the appropriate service group to handle.
Under general supervision, each Service Desk Technician provides technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to computer and email users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by- step solutions in a call center environment. Service Desk Technicians clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner, provide one-on-one end-user training as needed, assist Network Technicians, troubleshoot network printer problems, and pass more complex end-user problems on to Tier Two.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves Tier One issues for users of the NSD systems and applications, personal computer software and hardware, local network, the Internet and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users.
- Provides one-on-one end-user First Call Resolution over the phone.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and mainframe, e-mail, Internet, dial-in, and local-area network access problems.
- Hands on experience with Windows XP/W7, Active Directory and Microsoft Office.
- Must have knowledge of internal operating system technology, computer operations, hardware, network management software, concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Minimum 1 to 2 years prior Help Desk or Desktop support experience.
- Experience and knowledge with a Help Desk Ticketing software is required. Examples of ticketing software systems include BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk Manager, ZenDesk, Vision Help Desk,
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Familiarity of ITIL Service Operations
Experience in multi operating systems –Windows XP, 2003, 2007, Linux, UNIX, VMS
Experience in Desktop XP, Vista, Windows 2000
Experience in Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, InfoPath and Outlook
Shift - Night shift
Coverage - 24 hours per day – 7 days per week – 365 days per year. Must be flexible with their shift requirements.
Security – This position requires a background investigation and fingerprint check.
ACET - 18 months ago