HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
PO SITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of network end user application computer software and hardware problems and issues. Receive, prioritize and respond to user calls identifying and requiring major software or hardware problems and issues. Contact software and hardware vendors to repair, replace, and service defective products and to provide technical support and instruction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives calls from users to resolve simple and complex computer software and hardware problems. Provides services including inquiries of how to set up and use specific software, technical printer, word processing, electronic mail, and operating system issues. Contacts software and hardware product support vendors to correct, replace or provide technical support and information.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support for PCs, Printers, Local Area Network, and basic desktop applications.
- Record tickets in the Help Desk Application.
- Create user accounts for various corporate systems.
- Build out Desktop and Laptop PCs and distribute.
- Reconfigure and prepare retired PCs for disposition.
- Other duties as assigned
- An Associates Degree in MIS/IT, computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Have 1-3 years experience in PC service & repair.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of customers, employees and with various management levels within the Caliber and vendor organizations to identify and resolve network, software application and PC repair and customer service issues.
- Must be able to prepare, write, read, and demonstrate effective communications language skills.
- Must have thorough experience and knowledge of PC’s and be proficient in Microsoft Standard Products of office software operating within a Microsoft Windows environment.
Monster - 15 months ago