The Help Desk Technician is a full-end user support position that allocates, configures, delivers, troubleshoots, maintains and retrieves systems. This is a non-exempt, hourly-paid position that supports both corporate and remote site locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
o Desktop and laptop Intel-based workstations
- Answer, resolve, and properly escalate incoming calls
- Solve software, hardware, and procedure problems
- Analyzes help desk activity and makes recommendations for changes in help desk procedures and systems to upper management
- Installation of hardware and software, and implementation of procedure changes
- Promptly validate all support requests in a timely fashion
- Replicate and document issues as required
- Maintain status of inquiries and status changes in issue tracking system
- Resolve or acknowledge all email queries based on established standards
- Forward all questions that cannot be immediately answered to appropriate team for follow-up and ensure timely follow-up and communication with client
- Escalate problems and appropriate
- Install and configure:
o Layered products, including but not limited to, Virus scanning, MS-Office suite, browsers; calendar management, Mail, Outlook and developer tools
- Help formulate desktop standards and best practices documentation
- Desktop equipment maintenance and repair
Qualifications: T o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESMI seeks employees that have pro-active, “can-do” mentalities, positive attitudes, and operate with integrity. Employment with ESMI is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening.
Minimum of A+ Certification is required.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED with o ne to three years Help Desk experience, or equivalent education and experience are required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to be able to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
$14.20 - $17.57
Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in...