K¹² is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs.
SUMMARY: The Enterprise Service desk team member identifies, analyzes, and develops solutions to meet information system requirements and develop tools for support of computer system users. Responsible for daily help desk and field operations ensuring on-going support services in a fast-paced operational environment. This position offers a great growth opportunity with access to other advanced infrastructure support
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Resolves IT support issues as part of a Enterprise Service Desk team, responding to daily operational support issues via tickets, phone calls, and customer walk-ups while escalating as appropriate; identifies, researches, resolves and documents complex technical problems;
- Coordinates with Network Administrators regarding the investigation of general network issues; tests and troubleshoots systems for problems and software incompatibility;
- Ensures timely communication with customers, co-workers, and management;
- Takes ownership of customer escalations to ensure timely issue resolution;
- Monitors Enterprise Service Desk ticket queue and assigns tickets as needed;
- Researches issues and coordinates with other teams as needed to resolve them
- Provides infrastructure support including Network, Active Directory and Outlook/Exchange Support.
- Troubleshoots network connections and devices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field AND
- Four (4) years of practical experience in PC-based customer service support OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge of different versions of MS Windows Server
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, best practices, and ITIL based procedures
- Familiarity with Remote Desktop Support using tools like TeamViewer or LogMeIn
- Excellent customer-service skills; ensures customer escalations are resolved in a timely fashion
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to communicate with other IT departments and managers to ensure that cross-group issues are addressed efficiently and effectively,
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Team player attitude with the willingness to assist both co-workers and customers
- Flexibility in scheduling including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to help develop goals and manage projects for the team
- Ability to pass background check requirements
- Experience with Service Now a plus
Certificates and Licenses: ITIL, A+, NET+, MCP, or related OEM certifications.
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online educational...