MCPc delivers scalable solutions to host, secure and optimize an anyplace workspace™—helping clients empower their employees to work from anywhere, and on any device. The company is a top 100 technology VAR, driven by partnerships with providers including Cisco, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, HP, Apple, Dell and Lenovo. Headquartered in Cleveland, and with branch locations across the United States, MCPc maintains practice areas in personal systems, image and print, collaboration, borderless networks and support.
From the data center to the desktop and into the cloud, MCPc ensures client success by leveraging IT to drive business performance, improve productivity and increase revenue.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner in 2009, 2010,2011, and 2012, MCPc is recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work.
The User Support Technician provides help desk problem resolution services and software or hardware installation, maintenance and upgrades for the effective operation and use of computers and peripheral equipment. This position serves as the initial point of contact for users; manages and oversees the computer labs and help desk functions; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Receives, documents and coordinates inquiries and requests for technical assistance to the help desk for computers, laptops, printers, other peripheral equipment, network devices and various platform connections; troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves first and second level hardware, software and network connectivity problems; escalates more complex problems to appropriate IT staff member for resolution.
- Monitor progress of problem/issue resolution and maintain user contact to keep users apprised of status. Actively manage customer relationships and expectation; ensure appropriate response time and resolution objectives are met. Perform ticket and issue follow-up.
- Monitor and report on status of help desk tickets in IT staff meetings. Bring to Director’s attention any items that are critical or ongoing.
- Research, test and deploy software updates or patches as needed to ensure institute computers are kept current.
- Perform preventative maintenance and software updates on computers, printers, and other technology equipment as needed to maximize availability of equipment for users.
- Troubleshoot, modify and test computer systems and other technology devices or services used throughout the Institute.
- In conjunction with IT staff, plan and implement new software or hardware roll-outs. Configure and install new systems.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of all technology equipment.
- Management of the computer labs, processes and documentation.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for users, such as the work-study monitor handbook, lab signage and orientation materials.
- Provide training for computer related items and present computing resources at orientation.
- Maintain technical product knowledge and learn new products as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all sensitive material.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, by the Director of Information Technology.
- Keep the computer labs and all computer lab equipment clean, neat and organized.
- Cross-train in other systems/network to provide backup to other IT employees.
- Assist with protecting information and systems from viruses.
- Documentation of systems and support processes
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years of technical support/user support/application support in a Windows networked environment
- Experience with Microsoft AD user accounts, Windows XP & Windows 7 desktops
- Experience with TCP/IP, network printing, and ability to support a variety of desktop and network applications (to include Microsoft Office suite, Finale and Sibelius)
- General understanding of the primary functions of system and network administration
- Excellent customer service skills; consistently deliver quality customer support
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; take ownership of inquiries & problems
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to understand & document customer needs; devise creative solutions to problems
- Able to work well independently, or as a team member, and oversee others
- Able to exercise sound judgment in assessing priorities and problems
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to follow policy and devise processes, procedures and documentation
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours when necessary