Reports to the Network Services Manager. The Help Desk Technician’s role is to field calls and provide first level technical support to the end-user for problems with their desktop computer systems, peripherals and related software. This includes logging calls, diagnosing problems, remediation, and problem escalation. The person will troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, update the help desk knowledge base, and provide end user training and assistance when required. Exemplifies the "Ways to AMAZE!" Customer Service Philosophy
This is a Temporary position.
- Answer, evaluate, log, prioritize, and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding MAC (moves, adds & changes) and related network, PC, and peripheral device problems.
- Interviews users to collect information about problems and leads users through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of the error.
- Troubleshoot issues with network; end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Handles problem recognition, research, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to senior technical staff.
- Assists with remote upgrades and configuration to PC operating and application systems.
- Assists with writing and maintaining end-user documentation relating to application use, training, testing, or changes.
- Recommend and implement corrective solutions as needed.
- Recommend and schedule PC hardware and peripheral equipment replacements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assigns, resets, alters, or deletes system access rights to employees based upon their positions.
- Work with management and user departments to identify and deliver required service levels.
- Provide training and support to end users on PC operation, backups, and related issues.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working technical knowledge of PC’s , laptops, related peripherals, Blackberry’s, network connectivity, and remote access.
- Experience using and supporting desktop applications including Windows XP, McAfee anti-virus, Internet Explorer, Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving abilities, and troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Strong internal and external customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an office setting. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Metro Bancorp, Inc. - 11 months ago