Vistronix is actively seeking a qualified IT professional to join our team in the metropolitan Boston, MA area. The selected candidate will be responsible for the operational support of IT hardware and software, in addition to tracking calls within a government agency. The candidate must have extensive experience providing direct and remote hardware and software support. Candidate must have the certification experience to satisfy the requirements set forth under the DoD 8570-01M mandate. Specifically, a current certification in A+, Network+, or SSCP along with relevant Computing Environment (CE) certifications.
The candidate must be able to manage their own IT projects and projects assigned to them by prioritizing and setting goals under minimal supervision and also be highly motivated and proactive when troubleshooting hardware/software issues. They must have the ability to coordinate with vendors for system repairs and replacements and be able to quickly assimilate technical information in order to build upon existing hardware/software knowledge or to complete the present task.
In addition, candidate must be able to function within a highly visible, technically diverse team environment. Superior communication and customer service skills are required and the candidate must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic setting.
The most qualified candidates will have:
The selected candidate must be able to successfully undergo a background investigation for a government position of Public Trust.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Help Desk environment
- Remedy Ticketing experience
- Lotus Notes experience
- Microsoft Office troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Windows troubleshooting experience
- Ability to rebuild PC’s and laptops.
- Install computer peripherals for users
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field IT field preferred but not required.
Vistronix staff members enjoy a collaborative working environment. We recognize our staff for their contributions to the team’s success as well as individual professional accomplishments. Vistronix offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive benefits program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.