Job Summary and Responsibilities
Provide Help Desk support to Hebrew SeniorLife users.
Core Competencies :
• Communicate with staff and manager effectively
• Promote a collaborative atmosphere
• Provide high-level customer service
• Demonstrate dependability and accountability for all duties
• Monitor and manage Help Desk activitie
- Assist with the ongoing design and operations of the Information Technology Help Desk and related software.
- * Assist with technical support issues on software, applications, PCs, printers, and LAN support.
- * Answer Help Desk calls from users; open service request tickets for all calls. Provide technical support to callers over the phone, visiting the callers, or by taking remote control of desktop.
- *Document the resolution process and monitor Help Desk email box and voice mailbox.
- Ensure that Help Desk database information is current, accurate and complete.
- * Monitor help desk database for open tickets and follow up with support analysts on open/past due calls.
- Perform other related duties as required/directed by supervisor.
- Undergraduate, Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience providing Help Desk support. Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication; customer services; and telephone skills. Must be able to interact with management, technical staff, and users. Must be an excellent team player.
- Experience in any of the following areas; administering Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, Outlook email/calendaring, Microsoft Windows 2K & XP workstations, Symantec Ghost Console, Symantec Antivirus, Citrix 1.8, TCP/IP are a plus.
Hebrew SeniorLife is the largest provider of elder care in the Boston metropolitan area. Founded in 1903, Hebrew SeniorLife is an affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a nonprofit, non-sectarian organization devoted to innovative gerontology and geriatric research , senior health care , long-term nursing home care , and Greater Boston senior housing communities that improve the lives of older adults. From independent living to assisted living , Hebrew SeniorLife provides retirement communities in Massachusetts that are designed to help older adults live healthy independent lives.