We are currently seeking an experienced and independent Helpdesk Manager working out of the Woodland Park location. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the 24 hour Helpdesk supporting the faculty, staff and student at the College.
This position is responsible for monitoring the Helpdesk and the BMC ticketing system to ensure the successful, timely and effective resolution of all tickets in the system. The Helpdesk Manager create, execute and analyze daily, monthly and weekly Helpdesk reports focusing on trends in the tickets and making recommendations regarding how to address them. Reports will cover all methods of Helpdesk interactions, telephone, chats, tickets and email. The manager will be responsible for training the staff to react to emerging issues with sound and consistent answers and work with the customer community to maintain a high level of customer service satisfaction. He/she will conduct random call backs each month and design a customer feedback method to assure satisfaction with our services.
The Helpdesk Manager will handle all escalations and customer follow-up on those issues. This position will be responsible for managing vendor relationships, budgets, and handling multiple priorities. He/she must meet regularly with senior management and members of the community to discuss upcoming projects for the department. This individual must actively seek ways to improve and promote Information Systems and its services to the community.
This position will also serve as a liaison to the community helping to carry the Information system message about new and emerging technologies. Travel throughout the campuses in both NY and NJ is required.
Extensive experience in the Information Technology field.
• Five years or more experience managing a Helpdesk.
• Experience writing and designing Helpdesk reports. Knowledge of Crystal Reports a plus.
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent leadership, mentoring and collaborative skills.
• A customer service approach to resolving issues.
• Experience managing and coordinating outside vendors
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
• Ability to multi-task problems and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
• Hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, smart phones, printers and peripheral devices
Experience in higher education a plus.
• College degree
Berkeley College - 30+ days ago